Last Updated on
Here’s one thing you should learn about brand new cars: of all its attributes and components, what captivates everyone is its aesthetic. Yes, you heard it right.
The beauty of your vehicle depends greatly on its paint finish – the quality and vibrancy of its color. And this is precisely why knowing best car wax will tremendously help you in selecting the best choice for your vehicle.
**Below, you'll see more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
What are The Different Types of Car Wax for Your Car?
All the varieties of car waxes in the market can be categorized into two types. These are the:
- Natural car waxes such as Carnauba Car Wax from the Copernicia Cerifera in Brazil and the
- Synthetic car waxes or manmade chemicals waxes such as polymers and acrylic resins.
- Natural Car Waxes
- Synthetic Car Waxes
Undoubtedly the best choice, natural car waxes have the power to produce a deeper, more vibrant, richer and darker shade that yield a three-dimensional effect.
A common example of this is the Carnauba Car Wax from the Copernicia Cerifera plant found in Brazil. A natural component of vehicle wax, Carnauba is either used in its pure form or blended with petroleum and oil products.
Though not as long-lasting a synthetic products, Carnauba normally last between 30-60 days and performs greatly when it comes to absorbing acid content in the rain as well as hiding scratches on your vehicle. Pure carnauba wax is recorded as the most expensive of all car waxes.
Aside from the natural type of car wax, you may also opt to choose a variety of synthetic car waxes that mostly filled the shelves in the market. Though having no natural components, synthetic types also function as the natural types.
This type is either spray or liquid car wax, thus, instead of being smeared manually all over your vehicle, synthetic car wax offers more convenience and ease of application.
There are several variations of synthetic car waxes such as clear coat car wax and colored car wax to match and deepen the color of your car paint. Unlike natural car waxes, synthetic car waxes are expected to last longer – even in extreme environmental conditions.
How to Apply Wax on Your Car?
As mentioned above, a regular application of car wax on your vehicle will indubitably enhance and prolong your car paint. Luckily, waxing a car is easier than you have expected.
For a start, you will need an electric orbital buffer. You can purchase this for only $40 in car shops. You may opt to use a high-speed angle grinder, however, the cost of this – as high as $500 – may not prove itself tactical for your undertaking.
Remember that electric buffer is perfect for any type of wax, and it can withstand the pressure of the application, so, your buffer in hand, here is what you will do.
It’s a good thing that modern times have yielded these modern technologies that assist us in prolonging the life span of our cars.
Aside from using an electric buffer pad, another option you may apply is by hand. The method is almost the same as the one above, except that you will need to do it manually.
What are the Benefits of Using a Car Wax?
Car wax is a mixture of malleable solvents (e.g. carnauba, palm wax, hydrocarbons, silicones etc.) and oil, and is primarily applied as protection. It serves as a barrier between your clear coat and the natural elements of the outside world such as UV rays, dust, as well as water – both rainwater and road water filled with grime and all sort of pollutants.
Aside from its ability to repel liquid, car wax also helps maintain the smoothness of your car by keeping it free from the effects of mucky air and filth. It fills the gaps in your clear coats thus making your vehicle free from scratches and other imperfections.
Applying car wax is like having a new layer of surface on your car, and with this new coat comes an extra sheet of protection, thus, it is crucial to determine when you should be applying wax on your car.
In regards to this matter, there are two things you need to know: first, that car wax is always the last thing that you should apply – that is, after you have washed and smeared treatments on your car.The wax, in this case, protects the hard work you’ve done for your vehicle.
The second thing you need to know is how often you should wax your automobile. The answer here is tricky, as it depends greatly on the present environmental conditions within your area but most people uses car wax at least 3 times annually.
What are the Top Rated Car Waxes ?
Amazon.com offers up to 37% off when purchasing Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax. Weighting 1.8 lbs., this car wax boasts Meguiar’s ThinFim Technology, a special attribute that makes its application and removal stress-free, even when done in the full heat of the scorching sun.
- Has synthetic polymers that offer maximum protection and durability coupled with amplified reflectivity to avoid any residue
- Ensures the depth and color of your car
- With hydrophobic Polymer technology that repels any form of water
- Can easily be applied by Hand, Orbital, or Dual Action Polisher
- Comes with free applicator pad and microfiber towel
- Last longer than other car waxes
- Should be applied very thinly lest it will take a long time to dry
- Does not have the sheen attribute that natural waxes like Carnauba car wax has
Weighting 12.8 ounces, Meguiar’s G7014 Gold Class Carnauba Paste is a natural car wax made from a blend of carnauba wax and polymer. It is noted for its ease of application and removal.
- A special blend of lush Carnauba and polymer, Meguiar’s G7104J offers long-lasting and maximum protection to preserve your finish paint with its glossy and reflective shine
- Formulated to leave deeper shade and mirror-like shine·
- Free Soft Foam Applicator
- Can easily be applied by Hand or Dual Action Polisher MT300
- Dries easily and is never sleazy
- A thin amount of this car wax yields the best result
- Very affordable and durable for its price
- A bit difficult to remove thoroughly
- Leaves white residue on black plastic part of the vehicle
One of the leading car waxes in the world, Turtle Wax T-222R Super Hard Shell Paste Wax prides itself for its timeless and classic way of application. Weighting 13.9 ounces, this car wax is best known for its speedy drying and long lasting effect.
- Equipped with Legendary Super Hard Shell protection and shine that is expected to last up to 12 months
- Very easy application
- Leaves smooth and mirror-like shine to your car
- Equipped to combat UV rays and other environmental factors such as acid rain
- Application demands a lot of time
- Should strictly be applied in straight and precise lines lest you’ll end up having unsightly patterns on the surface of your car
Wash and wax combination, FW1 Waterless Formulation contains a unique blend of Lubricants and Carnauba Wax. These two act to counter the dirt as well as grime away from the surface of your vehicle.
- Formulated with a blend of Carnauba wax for a deeper and more luxurious shine
- Waterless formula for washing and waxing of your car
- Can be used to remove stains from your interior
- Very flexible product and can also be used in other home appliances such as refrigerator
- Works great when it comes to reviving the vehicle’s original paint
- Water, bugs, and tar repellant
- Very easy application and dries quickly
- Expensive compared to the other car waxes
This is a waterless product that removes the dirt and cleans your car and at the same time. It provides an additional layer of coat that blocks UV rays and repels water and other pollutants. It is estimated that a ½ ounce of concentrated TriNova Waterless and Wax can be used up to 40 washes.
- Very affordable
- Strategically designed to remove dirt and residue without making any scratches
- Provides an extra sheet of coat that protects your car from pollutants and UV rays as well as repel water and grime
- Convenient and best suited for people leading a busy life
- Easy application – simply spray the car with this wash and wax and wipe it clean
- Comes with a free microfiber towel that is designed to avoid any vehicle scratches
- Microfiber spreads the dust
Though your car may look already beautiful and flashy with its coat, you may still need car wax to provide further protection for your vehicle. Car wax is here to repel water and acid rain as well as block UV rays from damaging your automobile.
Of all the car wax reviewed above Meguiar’s G7014J Gold Class Carnauba showcased the highest potential. With its natural blend of Carnauba wax and polymer, you can have a long-lasting and durable outcome that leave your car with a glossy and deeper shade.
Another advantage of this is the fact that you can easily and conveniently apply this to your vehicle, thus helping you save time in undertaking such task.
Did you find this article helpful? Your feedbacks are welcome in the comment section. We would love to hear from you.